Friday Favorites

Friday, November 13, 2015

TGIF!! I love a Fall Friday! Today I am taking the kids to Umstead Park to play on the trails and soak up some of the last fall color on the trees.  It's also one of my favorite Fridays because we get to go meet Justin for lunch. It's Ty's most favorite time of the week! So I give you my number one Friday Favorite...


Every Friday since I started staying home we go meet Justin at a cute little pizza shop for lunch and then walk to the Bass Pro Shop so that Ty can look at the fish.  He loves going there to explore the tents and "drive" the boats.  And Justin loves it because Bass Pro is all the things he loves under one roof (like most men!)  This is one of those traditions I hope Ty remembers when he gets older.  I definitely won't forget it!
In my efforts to save money this year,  I did not splurge on my favorite three wick candles from Bath and Body Works.  However, one of my friends gave me this one as a gift and it's a scent I'd never bought before.  I just love how warm it makes the house feel and I think it's the perfect scent for Thanksgiving... midway between Fall and Winter. ***inhales big!
If you know me at all, you know how in love I am with everything Ree Drummond...  her cooking show, her cookbooks, her blog, that she home-schooled, she's a photographer... I think she really is my spirit animal! I absolutely ADORE her new line at Walmart! These are two pieces that I have and I cannot keep my eyes off of them. How cute is that cow creamer dish?! I am hoping to get much more from her line, but Walmart needs to get more stock! I hear it's almost all sold out. BOO!
Have you ever had this Sangria before? If not, run to the store and get some for your weekend!! It is so delicious over ice and you don't need to add fruit or anything to it! It's perfectly sweet but not overpowering and great for days that you don't have time to whip up fresh sangria. Thanks for introducing me to this good stuff, Katie! 
I am currently in the process of convincing Justin it isn't too early to decorate for Christmas.  I know this can be a hot topic and everyone has an opinion on when is appropriate to listen to Christmas music and decorate, but I just can't wait this year. It's Elena's first Christmas and one that Ty will be more excited than ever.  After all, this year is the first year we will be getting a visit from an elf on a shelf! We are booked for the next few weekends and I just love coming home from our families' houses after Thanksgiving to a decorated house.  We shall see what happens! 
If I can't decorate for Christmas, I will at least go to Starbucks, grab a Peppermint Mocha Latte, and blast Christmas songs this weekend. Happy wife... happy life! 

Note: I've also linked up here...
 grab button for Bright on a Budget

2 comments:

  1. Aww no it isn't too early to decorate for Xmas! Especially if there is little kiddos around! I have to try out that Sangria! I love Yellow tail! Ooo And I have some coupons for Bath & Body Works burning a hole in my coupon book! I'll have to check out the pumpkin apple candle! =)

    Have a great weekend! Melanie | Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie, Thanks for the comment and visiting my blog! You'd love the sangria! If you try it, let me know what you think! I hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS