your first words!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Dear Ty,
On Monday night around 5:30 you hit a HUGE milestone! It was Veteran's Day so were able to spend all day together.  We went shopping and had lunch with your cousin Elle, Ninang No, and Ninang Di.  When we got home, I was EXHAUSTED! So you started playing on your playmat and I fell asleep on the floor next to you.  When I woke up I heard you saying "da da da da da da".  I said, "Ty, what did you just say??" And you looked at me and started to talk again! I quickly grabbed my phone to catch a video of you saying Dada for the first time because your Daddy was still at work!
I always thought that I wanted you to say Mama first, but once I heard you say Dada, I knew how excited Daddy would be and I was so happy Dada came first.  
Once he got home, you were already in bed.  I told him I wanted to show him something and let him see the video of you saying his name.  His smile spread from one side of the room to the other.  He even got a little teary-eyed.  And he is not a teary-eyed type of guy.  You made him the proudest father and you didn't even know it.  Thank you so much for teaching us about life.  I know you don't know yet how special you are or that you are even making a difference.  But you've made the biggest difference in our lives and have taught us more than anyone else.  Just hearing your voice say words for the first time was one of the most special moments in my life.  
I love you so much and am so excited for all the words to come!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS