your 1st thanksgiving

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Dear Ty,
We celebrated your first Thanksgiving this week! I couldn't wait for you to experience your first cold weather holiday.  On Wednesday night, we started our first Thanksgiving tradition as a family and watched Happy Thanksgiving, Charlie Brown.  Daddy and I thought it was a great idea, however you were not that interested yet! :) We were able to get through half of the movie and then had to put you to bed.  It was ok though, because we knew that Thursday would be a BIG day!
On Thursday morning, I decked you out in your "My First Turkey Day" outfit and we went to church so Mommy and Daddy could thank God for you and your cousins.  Then we picked Holden up and went to Papa and Mamang's house.  Mommy's whole side of the family was there.  We ate breakfast and then hung out with your cousin.  It was the first year you watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  Then you and Elle played with plastic plates on the floor for a while.  Daddy and Uncle Stephen helped Papa deep-fry the turkey outside.  When the dropped it in the oil, your eyes were so big.  You will help the guys with this one day!  Around 5 o'clock we all sat around the dining room table to eat. You and Elle sat in your high chairs. I remember last Thanksgiving, Ninang No and I were pregnant with you and Elle and we couldn't believe that this year you would actually join us at the table! And here we are! The time is just FLYING!
You actually ate some mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes, then in true Thanksgiving fashion, you passed out with a bottle while we finished eating and cleaned up.
Thanksgiving night was a HUGE football game: Ravens vs. Steelers (yuck!)  We were really excited for the big game because we needed to secure a wildcard spot for the playoffs.  We watched kick-off but since the game didn't start until 8:30, we headed home to finish watching the game.  Mommy about had a heartattack because the game was so close! WE WON 22-20..... GO RAVENS!! CAWWWW! (Sorry Uncle Brett and Aunt Al!) ;)

On Friday, it was time to go to Burlington to celebrate with Daddy's side of the family.  We went to Grandma and Grandpa's house around noon and had some extra special quality time with them and cousin Mason before all your uncles and aunts came.  Grandma fed us yummy Thanksgiving food for lunch and you just LOVED Grandpa's game of peek-a-boo.
Around 5:00, Uncle Frank and Aunt Erin came over and Aunt Jen came home from work.  Uncle Matt also came for a visit!  I can tell your soon-to-be cousin is growing because Aunt Erin's belly is getting bigger!  We were able to have dinner with them and you played for a long time on the floor in the family room!  We are going to go back this weekend to see Aunt Al.  She was working hard on a school paper when we visited, so she wasn't able to come hangout.

This year I have so much to be thankful for.  First and foremost... I am more than thankful to be your Mommy.  I could've never imagined how blessed I would be to have you as a son.  You just don't know what to expect until God actually blesses you with a child.  You've changed Daddy's and my life since the second you were born for the better.  You've made me a more patient, more energetic. more loving person.  You've made my relationship with Daddy stronger.  You've brought love to all of our family.  I just can't believe that God gave you to me.  Everyday I look at you, I am in disbelief how awesome you are and He is.
I am also thankful for each member of our family.  I will be ever grateful for Mamang because she takes such good care of you each and everyday and even gives Mommy and Daddy dinner every week.  You are blessed to have her play such a big role in your life.
I am thankful for Papa because he takes his lunch when he is home to come down and spend time with you. You are the son he never had and he loves you in a way that no one else does.  I am blessed that he is a role model for you.  He is the kind of man you will grow up to be!
I am thankful for Grandpa because he has shown our family what pure, unconditional love is this year.  He is always there without question for his children and even when there are huge things happening, he takes the time for a game of peek-a-boo or to lend a helping hand with his grandchildren.  You will learn so much from him!
I am thankful for Grandma because she is louder than life with her love for all her children and grandchildren.  I am thankful for the times she calls me during the week to check on you and Daddy.  I'm thankful that she raised your Daddy to be the perfect husband and father for us.  She is a one-of-a-kind woman who you can't help but love.
I am thankful for Ninang No because I was able to share pregnancy and motherhood with and she was the one I could call during maternity leave to share joys and frustrations with.  She is a wonderful godmother for you who will help you grow in your faith and in love.
I am thankful for Uncle Stephen because he is such a wonderful husband to Ninang No, father to Elle, and godfather to you. He is also so excited to take you two on adventures with me and Daddy, which makes life that much happier!
I am thankful for Uncle Frank because he is a fantastic big brother for your Dad and has always treated me like his very own sister.  When you were born he went out of his way to come visit and spend time with you. I am thankful for the times he teaches you things and plays with you.
I am thankful for Aunt Erin because she is always up for a Mommy's day out and loves you and gets excited to see you.  She share so much being married to Daddy and Uncle Frank and soon being mommies to Schneider boys.
I am thankful for Aunt Al because she was genuinely one of the most excited people when we told her you were going to be born and I am thankful for the times she comes all the way to Raleigh for dinner with us.  She makes you and Mason a priority and someone I know you will grow very close too.  (She spoils you!)
I am thankful for Aunt Jennifer because she has taught me how to be a strong mother and persist through when being a Mommy is tough. I am so thankful for her because no matter what is happening with her and Mason she always finds energy to love on you and ask how you are.
I am thankful for Ninang Di because she comes to church with us on Sundays and spends time at our house playing with you and watching our favorite team play football. I am so thankful that God put her in Raleigh after college because it gives you the chance to get to know her so well.
I am thankful for Ninang Mark because she was a huge help and bright spot during Mommy's maternity leave.  She came to spend time with you when she was in Raleigh and she gladly ran errands with us to make toting you around easier when you were itty bitty.  She really loves you, Ty!
I am thankful for Ninang Mar because she will drop anything to babysit you and even when you give her a hard time, she still enjoys being with you and loves you.  I am thankful for how proud she is of you and how she loves to show you off!
I am thankful for Ninang Mags because whenever I call to check on you when I am working, she knows exactly how you are and what you are doing.  She will sit in the back seat of the car to feed you.  I am thankful that you are the first baby she's ever held and that she has made that a special part of her life.

I could write on and on about all the reasons I am thankful for Daddy, but this year one reason stands out more than the others.  Before we had you I didn't know how much he would love our children.  His whole wide world revolves around us.  He works hard for you.  He comes home early to play with you before bedtime.  He gives you a bath and rocks you to sleep everynight.  He takes time to teach you all the skills you need.  He always leads our prayers.  He has always been selfless, but he has really shown it since you were born.  I am thankful that he is the one that is your hero. He is the perfect father for you. You and I are BLESSED.
Happy Thanksgiving, babaloo. I love you sooooo much!
Love,
Mommy









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS