Weekending: a beachy graduation

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Our weekend started early as we packed up and left for the beach on Thursday night! This was the first time we heading all the way down I-40 East since our very last trip to Holden Beach. I won't lie- it was very bittersweet for me going to the beach, but not to the beach house.  More sweet than bitter though!  We pulled up to a cute tangerine-colored house on Carolina Beach and my parents greeted us with big hugs and excitement that we were all together to celebrate Markie's college graduation!

I started Friday morning with Markie, Grey, and my trusty Nikon on the beach for their graduation pictures.  They also snuck in a few engagement shots for their wedding Save the Date cards.  I loved being out on the water and sand and doing my thing.  


After a while, we headed back to the house to get ready for Markie's graduation. It was a little chillier outside and my kids literally slept NONE the night before, so the day was spent napping and ordering takeout from a local seafood joint.

Friday night we watched her walk the stage.  
Then had a yummy dinner at the Basics downtown. It was amazing soul food and we were stuffed at the end of dinner! Friday also happened to be my other sister's 26th birthday, so we showered her with ice cream cake and song at the end of dinner! 
Saturday we were blessed with warmth and sunshine! My dad and Justin walked to Britt's donuts, a Carolina beach landmark with the best donuts! All one kind, freshly made and DELICIOUS! I am not joking.. I had four (it was really for the baby!) They were like croissant-y Krispy Kreme donuts... YUMMO!
I took my pregnant sister, Noelle and her family along with my camera to the beach because she wanted some maternity pictures. It was an amazing morning and the perfect location for pictures for a summer baby girl!
After I finished up, we spent the rest of the day on the beach letting the kids enjoy the sand. Ty and Elena are the perfect age...so cute running around with their little legs in their cute bathing suits. I wish this age would last forever and I know it's one of those things I will miss most about toddlerhood.  
After a solid 6 hours in the sun,I took the kids up to bath and they barely made it out of the tub before falling asleep.
We topped the day off with a trip to Squiggley's Homemade Ice Cream. It did not disappoint this pregnant girl! I needed that giant waffle cone filled with Thin Mint ice cream!
Sunday we packed our things and I was able to say Happy Mother's Day to my mom in person, then we hit the road for home! 
We were exhausted after our weekend at Carolina Beach, but Justin mustered the energy to pick up some (cooked) sushi for me for Mother's Day and I spent the remainder of the day with him, the kids, and Holden. It was SUCH A GREAT family-filled weekend!  
In my mother's words. "God gives joy and peace at the beach!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS