Cheers to 30 years!

Sunday, May 1, 2016

My 30th birthday isn't until Wednesday, but this past weekend was full of surprise birthday celebrations! It was such a special and memorable weekend and I feel so blessed to have such a thoughtful husband who knows me so well.
He told me to keep Saturday free, so I knew he had something up his sleeve, but didn't know how each part of the day would roll out.
At noon on Saturday, he had my best friend come to watch the kids and we went on a day date to have a picnic at the J.Raulston Arboretum.  On our way to the arboretum, we stopped and picked up one of my all-time favorite lunches.. Chubby Tacos! I was so excited to have a taco picnic at the arboretum for the sheer fact that tacos were involved! 
We found this magical little spot under a gorgeous green and drippy tree to set up our picnic. I love that he planned one-on-one time together because it happens so rarely now.
After eating lunch we strolled through the gardens and admired how beautiful all the flowers are this time of year. I fell head over heels for this spot and am so excited to schedule some photo sessions there in the future...hopefully for my own little one in August!
After we got home from the picnic my friend took me to the nail salon where my sisters and some of my girlfriends were waiting on me for manicures and pedicures. My nails needed some desperate attention and I needed some good relaxing time to chat with the girls.

After we finished up at the nail salon, I took a long hot shower and got ready for a night out at a surprise location.

Justin set up a whole dinner at Taverna Agora, an amazing Greek restaurant downtown. This is actually the restaurant where my water broke with Ty, so it is a special place for us. He surprised me with some friends and family join us for a pre-planned family style dinner, a complete dream for a pregnant girl. The food just kept coming, each dish more delicious than the last. I was in hog heaven and between big bites of Greek goodness, we laughed and laughed. 
To top the weekend off, on Sunday I got to celebrate my sister at her baby sprinkle and was spoiled again with a Sunday night dinner spent with my goddaughter (and others!) complete with cupcakes for my birthday. Life is so good!

I couldn't have pictured a better way to celebrate my 30th birthday. The most special part was knowing how much care Justin put into every detail of the day and how special he wanted to make it for me. I am the luckiest girl to have such wonderful people in my life. Only 2 more days in my twenties, but I am so ready for the next decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS