Elena turns ONE!

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Well, it has been a little over a month and a half since I've taken the time to sit down at my desk and even open up the good ole blog. I can't say I haven't thought about it because I definitely have, but it has been one CRAZY start to the year. I am feeling ready to back into the routine of some "me time" with my cup of coffee, my pictures, and my stories on the blog.  
Two weeks ago my little girl turned one! It's unbelievable how fast her first year flew by. I remember heading to the hospital for her arrival like it was yesterday and the next thing I knew, we were giving her a pink balloon wake up call and ordering her birthday cake! 

The night before her birthday, I sat down in her room to rock her.  For both her and Ty, that final night before their birthday was the most emotional time for me. I just say there with them in my arms looking back over how wonderful the year had been and gawking at how I couldn't believe I would officially have a(nother) toddler on my hands when I woke the next morning.  I was totally unsure if I would even be able to rock Elena before bedtime because she's so wiggly. But on her birthday eve, God blessed me with such a sweet gift... as I sat in the chair, prepared to just give her a few kisses as she tried to wiggle out of my arms, she put her little arms around my neck and rested her head on my shoulder. I hugged her back and rocked. We stayed like this for a while and my heart just exploded.  What a way to enter her first birthday!

Her actual birthday was such a fun family day, nothing fancy, but totally awesome.  Ty couldn't WAIT to wake her up with balloons and she loved every bit of the attention.  

Then I made her birthday pancakes (complete with sprinkles and whipped cream, of course). 


All four of us took a trip to Walmart, of all places, but the kids had a great time and we did too. After they napped, Justin and set up her presents.
   Elena and Ty both loved opening gifts and then digging into cupcakes before dinner! 
Big bro helping blow out the candles!
Elena wasn't the only one who enjoyed the cupcakes!
Justin took them to swing out back and enjoy the rest of the daylight that we had and we ended the day playing with her new toys. I'm so happy that we were able to spend it as a family. It was such a special day simply enjoying each other... and the calm before the storm of her party only two days later! More details on the party to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS