Weekend Cheer!

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

This past weekend was filled with bits of Christmas cheer. I would say that the weekend before Christmas is always the busiest for us, but by far one of the most fun!
On Friday night Justin went out to see the new Star Wars movie with some friends, so I used that time to ice cupcakes and finish up my Christmas wrapping. Me, Friday night TV, a glass of red, and a pile of presents...not a bad Friday night if you ask me.
Saturday morning we had our annual Breakfast with Santa with Justin's side of the family. All 12 of us go for breakfast and then we all have our picture made with Santa.  With the kids getting older, breakfast is getting harder, but of course, more entertaining!
After breakfast I made my run to the grocery store to grab last minute items for the Christmas cocktail that we hosted on Saturday night.  Before we knew it, 6:00 rolled around and friends and family came over to eat, drink, and be merry (Christmas)! We had such a fun time catching up with everyone. It amazes me how much this party has changed over the years. I started having a cocktail where everyone could dress up when I was in college and now we have our kids playing and running around. My how times have changed, but WE LOVE IT!
On Sunday morning I had my second day teaching the two year old's at church. We read the Nativity Story and made angels for them to take to their parents for Christmas. They loved having something to give their parents for Christmas.
When I got home, Justin and I picked up a bit and then my family came over for our annual cookie baking day.  We each made cookies to share and they all turned out delicious!  We also watched the Panthers take home their 14th win for an undefeated season so far, and then watched some of our favorite Christmas movies. These times with family are priceless memories for the adults and kids alike! We are so blessed.
Here was the cookie line up:
Lemon Ricotta Cookies
Biscotti
Christmas Crack
Caramel filled Snicker doodles
Black Bottoms
....and my mom made thumbprint cookies and kiffel at her house that we will indulge in on Christmas!
By the time everyone left on Sunday night, Justin and I barely made it to bed before we crashed, but every moment of the weekend was so worth it!
Now its only three days until Christmas!! It comes faster and faster every year! Merry merry, y'all!
Linked up here and here!

3 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! All of your pictures turned out so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those cookies sound divine!! You guys are awesome!! A little bit of everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have NO idea how I am just discovering your blog!! I always love your sweet comments- so excited I now am able to keep up with you and your beautiful family!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS