My Best Friend's Brunch Bridal Shower

Monday, December 21, 2015

This past summer my best friend got married. It was a fairy tale experience.  She asked me early on to be her matron of honor and I knew I had to make each part of her bridal story amazing, not only because she's my best friend, but because she had thrown me so many thoughtful amazing parties and it was her turn to be the guest of honor.
When it came to the bridal shower, I knew off the bat that I wanted to do a brunch because she had always said she'd love to do breakfast for her wedding and I knew that they decided a different direction for the reception. Breakfast for the shower was perfect.  We had it in the Spring, so I wanted to go with the rustic, shabby chic look and have some Spring flowers.  Her mom and bridesmaids helped me with this shower, so I cannot take all the credit, but here are some of the highlights!
This cute beverage tin was a gift from Home Goods that was the perfect rustic addition for water bottles.
I wanted to do a mimosa bar with different juices to choose from. The sign and pendant banner were Target Dollar Spot finds! 
Here is the spread. The bridesmaids helped to make everything. Here was the menu:
Breakfast Casserole (meat and veggie)
Mini Ham Biscuits
Snickers Fruit Salad
Fruit skewers
Bacon (the bride's fave!)
French Toast Casserole
Homemade Coffee Cake
The beautiful cake was from a bakery that also did her wedding cake. The colors were her wedding colors. This cake was DELICIOUS!
We had each guest fill out a recipe card with their favorite recipe and made a recipe book for her to start her life with her groom.
Each guest wrote a date idea on a popsicle stick and we put them in a jar for her to use to keep "dating" her hubby after they got married.
This game incorporated pictures of the bride and groom from all ages.  Everyone had to guess their age in each picture. It was such a fun tribute to the couple.
The gifts!
I made this love story sign for them that they ended up using at the wedding too! 
Here was our coffee bar for guests to make their coffee.  A great brunch theme addition!

Here is the bride and mother of the bride! LOVE THEM!
Cutting the cake.
Opening the gifts!
We had the best time and I know she has great memories to look back on! You can't go wrong when you serve breakfast! :)

2 comments:

  1. What a perfect shower! Everything looks gorgeous and I agree, you can never go wrong with breakfast - especially bacon! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS