what a boo-tiful day!

Monday, November 2, 2015

Having Halloween on a Saturday this year was SPOOKTACULAR! We were able to have the morning as a family to prepare for our Halloween party and for trick-or-treating.  This year, while I made my annual Halloween chili, Justin set up our movie theater popcorn machine in the garage, complete with a strobe light and the sounds of Halloween. It's our first baby step to his dream of having a haunted garage for all the neighbors to enjoy.
After the kids napped, we got all dolled up in our costumes-- this year's theme: PETER PAN!
I made Justin's costume this year (all for under $5!!). He wore a green shirt from Good Will with a Peter Pan hat that I made out of felt.  I found my Wendy costume on Amazon, which will double as pj's (to Justin's dismay, haha), Ty's Capt. Hook outfit (really, Jack Sparrow, but hey, a pirate is a pirate, right?)  was a hand-me-down from an old student, and I found Elena's Tinkerbell costume on eBay for $9!! Talk about costumes on a budget, and I think they turned out cute!
Wendy Darling, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, and Tinkerbell
HOOK!
TINK!
My sister, brother-in-law, and niece all came over to trick-or-treat in our neighborhood, as well as my parents, and some friends.  We had an awesome time eating, drinking, and being spooky!
Ty had the best time trick-or-treating with all his friends and cousin this year.  It's amazing what a difference a year makes! This year he was running from house to house adding candy to his bucket! It was so cute to see how proud he was of himself after each house!
the gang
Capt. Hook meets Batman!
Elena took great notes on how it's done this year...I know she won't miss a beat next year!
Once we got home, the kids enjoyed a dance party and popcorn in the garage and then Ty requested his favorite Halloween movie---Curious George and the Boo Fest.  It rounded out the perfect night of candy, costumes, and family fun!
Now we need to teach him about self control and candy.. hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS