my top 6 favorite slow cooker meals

Thursday, November 5, 2015


The girls on my culdesac joke that I am the crock pot queen and it might be true.  I use my crock pot at least twice a week and am always scouring Pinterest for new recipes.  These are six that I always come back to because they are so darn good and I love a quick and EASY meal!

The day we arrived home from the hospital after having Elena, my sister had this warm, hearty breakfast for us in the crock pot. Not only are steel cut oats a power food for nursing mothers, but it was such a filling treat after the marathon of having a baby and settling back at home.  I like to make a big pot of this regularly and eat it through out the week! The yummiest parts are the toppings you can add to it-- golden raisins, almonds, chocolate chips... whatever tickles your fancy!

This crock pot meal screams comfort food and is something my whole family loves.  Ty, who can be picky loves this one and, of course, gobbles up the dumplings!  The leftovers make a great lunch the next day too! 

Whenever I get a good deal on pork at the grocery store I stock up and use at least some of it to make these carnitas.  I love carnitas in a corn tortilla with red onions and squeeze of lime on top.  This recipe is also weight watchers friendly and it has the perfect blend of spices.

Sometimes I like to change up 'Taco Tuesdays' (or Taco Mondays, Sundays, Wednesdays...) with this burrito bowl recipe.  The rice makes this nice and filling and the aroma that fills the house at this cooks throughout the day is mouthwatering! Yum!

This is another yummy chicken filling for a sweet Hawaiian roll and a side salad!  Sometimes I make enough to freeze some and have again the following week or as a pizza topping for our Friday night pizza!

On days where I can't seem to get enough done around the house, this is the perfect QUICK meal.  Justin loves chicken Caesar wraps and the slow cooker makes the chicken so tender.  We just put them in a tortilla and call it a day!

What are some of your favorite slow cooker recipes? Please share them with me in the comments so I can try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS