Life Lately: Post- holidays edition

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Life after the holidays has been slow- moving around our house. We needed time to just be home and relax in our own space after traveling here, there, and everywhere.  
I'm not sure if it's just me, but getting back into the routine of real life with kids has not been an easy one. 
Piles of laundry are a constant around here and the thought of making a real home cooked meal makes me want to crawl back in bed right now.  After a week and a half of being back home, we finally have our Christmas decorations down (but still in piles out in the garage) and suit cases are put away.  What is it about the holidays that make us all slow down? I have not been one of those people who has felt renewed with the start of the new year. I am JUST NOW starting my morning work out routine again and just hit the grocery store to start meal planning again.  
What I can say is that my kids have been sleeping through the night, we have successfully started gymnastic class back up, and I have completely caught up on The Bachelor (is that a success?)
We have also gotten extra snuggles in and caught up on some Disney movies that the kids got for Christmas.
Please tell me I am not alone in the slow start to the new year! At least we are starting to hit a stride now. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS