Ty's construction party

Monday, November 23, 2015

When Ty turned two this year, I wanted to do something special, but not too stressful and in a decent budget.  We had a 6 week old at the time and I had the brilliant idea to have his party on the same weekend as Elena's baptism.  Ty LOVES trucks.. diggers and dump trucks, to be specific, so I knew that a construction party would be perfect for him.  Inspired by Pinterest and my own desire to save money I give you Ty's CONSTRUCTION PARTY!
One way I stayed in a budget was by using construction and tool books from the children's section at the local library.  Borrowing books are free and they are so bright! I loved using them on the tables to add some color and enhance the theme!  I also used some of the toy trucks that we already had and borrowed some from our friends.  
I kept with the work site colors and did an orange, yellow, and black color scheme. I bought paper products, disposable table clothes (for easy clean-up), and used food signs in this color family.
Some of these cute food ideas came from Pinterest (why re-create the wheel?) and some came from my head. All are homemade (during naps) and FREE!
I just love this cute construction cake! Thanks, BJ's!
As a favor/ thank you to all of our guests, Ty made cards. He loved doing this in the weeks leading up to his birthday.  Anytime he can use paint, he is a happy camper. (Note: these were FREE!)
Boys like to hit things. What better to have than a pinata?! Most of the younger guests were Ty's age or thereabout, so I wanted to have a simple activity for them. And the treats doubled as a favor for the kids!!
Here is the drink station!
I love getting the kids special shirts for their parties and I am a sucker for personalization. I thought this t-shirt was adorable! I found it on Etsy.
Ty had a ball and it didn't break the bank! What a win! Now I am looking forward to planning little Elena's first birthday party. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS